Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Letter to Mar Roxas from a Constituent

10th May 2016


Dear Mar,

I have done my best to undermine your claim to the Presidency. I will not say sorry for doing the right thing. Doing the right thing is like love; what we do in its name, we should not apologize for it.

But as Shakespeare might have put it, nothing in your campaign “became [you] like the leaving of it”. As you spoke, you were a few shades darker and far more notches humbler. I saw a beaten face, by the elements and the circumstances; you never looked more human in all your years of public service. I believe if you had only shown this side of yours during the height of the PNoy Administration, you would have stood a stronger chance in the waning days of it.

                                  Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ROYtF4-s8

You and the other presidential contenders have shown extraordinary graciousness in defeat, matched only by the magnanimity in victory of the new President. On my own behalf I accept your concession, and I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

Yours in public service,



Juan de la Cruz
Filipino

No comments:

Post a Comment